• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Blackouts, Dizziness, & Headaches

gloeek

Bluelighter
I have been having blackouts, extreme dizziness, and horrible headaches since I changed my medication. I changed my Thorazine from 500mgs to 400mgs, my Prozac from 10mgs to 20mgs, my Abilify from 10mgs to 15mgs, and added some extra Adderall IR on top of my Adderall XR. I also didn't eat anything for 3 days straight. What could it be? Has anyone taken this combo of meds before or something similar?

you should eat something.. you're body will feel better with food. Good food thought not like a Checker Burger

If you've found yourself unable to eat. Get some protein shakes like Ensure or Boost to keep you nourished

I am a vegetarian so it's possible that I am anemic, but I did do what you said and had a protien smoothie.

Eating would probably help but I found out the other day that headaches and dizziness and that faint feeling can be related to seratonin levels (usually related to anxiety). Also some side effects of SSRI's include all that you said you are experiencing. If it troubles you, you should speak to your doctor.

While on SSRI's they reccomend a healthy diet, which apparently is supposed to help along with the medications.